4. Transformation as a Revolution with Seane Corn
In this episode, Seane and I have a raw conversation about:
- Vulnerability in the creative process and its role in great change
- The discovery of ritual & prayer as a conduit for transformation
- The accountability that comes with privilege
- Spirituality as an art
- Soul contracts and becoming a grandparent.
At the end of the episode, Seane leads us through a powerful prayer. We’ve come a long way from when I hired her at YogaWorks 26 years ago!
“I can’t know the light unless I know the shadow. And, I certainly can’t know patience and compassion without also understanding resistance or even judgment. And the more that I can normalize the human experience. That’s when I can develop empathy and empathy is what will change this world.”“- Seane Corn
FEATURED GUEST: Seane Corn
Seane Corn is an internationally acclaimed yoga teacher and public speaker known for her social activism, impassioned style of teaching, and raw, honest, and inspired self-expression. Her first book Revolution of the Soul was published in Fall 2019.
Over her 25-year teaching career, Seane has created many instructional DVDs, including her groundbreaking series The Yoga of Awakening with Sounds True. Featured on over 40 magazine covers and countless media outlets, she has chosen to use her platform to bring awareness to global issues including social justice, sex trafficking, HIV/AIDS awareness, generational poverty, and animal rights. In 2005, she was named “National Yoga Ambassador” for YouthAIDS, and in 2013 received both the Global Green International Environmental Leadership Award and the Humanitarian Award by the Smithsonian Institute. Since 2007, Seane has been training leaders of activism through her co-founded organization Off the Mat, Into the World®. She also co-founded the Global Seva Challenge, which has raised over $3.5 million by activating communities of yoga and wellness in fund and awareness-raising efforts.
- Off the Mat Into the World
- Download a free yoga practice with Seane
- Purchase Seane Corn’s book, Revolution of the Soul
- Join Seane’s Instagram Live class: Sundays at 9:00 AM @seanecorn